Our purpose is to train and educate:
- To provide educational opportunities for those who wish to become Youth Ministers.
- To provide educational opportunities for those who sense a call to Lay Church Leadership.
- To provide experiential opportunities for development of pastoral skills.
- To provide classroom opportunities for those who desire self-enrichment and a deeper understanding of the Christian faith.
- To provide continuing educational opportunities for ordained or certified clergy.
Upon the completion of the requirements the student shall have developed skills as an effective preacher, youth minister or lay leader using sound methods of Biblical interpretation, demonstrating a grasp of the overall content and theology of the Old and New Testaments. He/she shall be able to lead meetings, administer the overall organization of a local American Baptist congregation, and coordinate programs, including stewardship, Christian education, evangelism and missions.
As a leader in worship, the student shall demonstrate abilities to organize a service and perform the ordinances. He/she shall be able to organize his/her understandings of ministry into a theological framework. In all of these areas, the student shall perceive how each relates to our Baptist heritage, and shall show willingness and ability to work within our current American Baptist structure.
We want to encourage life long learning and ministry. Classes are open to all who are interested in learning. We are preparing Certified Lay Minister candidates seeking certification in their associations, those desirous of a Diploma in Christian Studies, pastors in need of continuing education, and anyone wanting adult enrichment. All students should be committed to excellent service to our Lord Jesus Christ.
Study to show yourself approved to God, a workman that needs not be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.
2 Timothy 2:15
For further information, email: Reverend Ruth Moore email@example.com